A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This game was made for Ludum Dare 28 back in December of 2013. The theme was "You Only Get One." The code and assets were all made in less than 48 hours. It's uploaded here exactly as it was during the jam.
The game has its Ludum Dare page over here:
It is a tale as old as time.
The royal knights are all away on a team-building conference generously paid for by the people of the People's Royal Republic of Fantasy Land. The monsters of the world choose this exact moment to invade, in a move that is soon internationally condemned as being 'in poor taste.'
Facing certain doom, the land turns to the only one who is available: Leif, a down-on-his-luck man who must accept this quest or lose his unemployment benefits.
It's time for Leif to step up, defeat the monsters and save the land!
Even if his skills might actually be more suited for a different line of work.
How to play
- Walk around the overworld and level-grind against monsters, old-school RPG style.
- You may only level up once. How you fight determine how strong you get.
- Once leveled up, go to the castle to fight the boss.
- Beware the Dire Potato.
|Published||1 year ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||2D, Funny, JRPG, Lo-fi, ludum-dare, ludum-dare-28, Singleplayer, Top-Down, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast|
- Download FillInFantasy.jar
- This game requires Java to run. If you do not have Java installed, you can get it here:https://www.java.com/download/
- Follow the instructions for 'All platforms' above
- Right-click FillInFantasy.jar and go into its properties
- Mark the checkbox labeled 'Executable' or similar
Now fight! For your paycheck!